Home to around 400,000 people Bristol is the largest city in the South West of England and just a short drive away from neighbouring Bath, with its historical spa baths dating back to Roman times.
So whether you fancy lights and colour, quiet contemplation or a retail bonanza, here are some of our favourite things to do in Bristol over the Christmas holidays.
1. Celebrate the Solstice
2. Winter Wonderland at Cribbs Causeway
3. Bath Skyline Walk
4. Gourmet Picture Company at Royal Victoria Park
5. Grayson Perry exhibition at Bristol’s Arnolfini
6. Absorb some History from Over the Pond
7. Treat the Kids at Bristol Zoo
8. Bristol Christmas Market
9. Attend a Masquerade Ball
10. Christmas Carols at Bristol Cathedral
Whatever your perfect way of celebrating the best season of the year, you’ll certainly find plenty of options for doing so in style in Bristol this year. Wrap up warm, gather friends and family, switch off the digital screens and go and experience some of what our fine and historic city has to offer.